Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blah-Blah-Blahg: Food For Nought


As if I weren't enough of a worry wort. I have recently begun wringing my hands over my water footprint. I've started to time my showers and I've always attempted to eat lower on the food chain, since larger animals tend to consume more resources and create more waste. Recently, I heard about the water footprint of a pair of Levi's jeans (upwards of 500 gallons from cotton fields to fancy stonewash finish!). I may just have to swear off clothing all together, dig a hole and climb in to weep for future generations. I think I've begun to devote the greater part of my day agonizing over decisions like: If I drink from this water cooler now, then I will be using a paper cup which creates waste but if I wait until I get home I will be tempted to open up a bottle of fancy Italian sparkling water, which is imported from far away (BAD BAD BAD - carbon!) or If I don't shower for a day and refrain from washing my car for a whole month then perhaps I will have earned the baths that I like to take with my sunglasses on after an evening of drinking. Pray that I don't procreate and produce monsters of obsessive compulsive consciousness.

No comments: