Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blah-Blah-Blahg: Food For Nought


This week's bone to pick: I went to one of those new-fangled ATMs that scans checks immediately - no envelope needed! I've always been quite suspicious of "time saving technology" because I waste far too much time looking at blogs on the internet and trying to figure out why my iPhone isn't syncing podcasts from my iTunes... blah blah blah. Anyhow, since banks are doing sooooo well during this total financial fuck-fest, I thought, hey, why not put just a little more trust in them? Needless to say this "time-saving" technological wonder of an ATM did exactly the opposite of save me time and worry. It ate up a check without processing it, returning it, or giving me a receipt. Now if this happened in a foreign country like Italy or Russia, I don't think I'd mind so much. These are fabulous places where people are not frowned upon when they drink (more than just one drink) midday. Unfortunately, this is AMERICA! So I could not drink at work to set my mind at ease after pressing a bazillion numbers when being prompted by a computer's voice. After being tossed around an automated system more circuitous than a talking parrot's brain, I am now twiddling my thumbs waiting for Obama to come up with a solution (just kidding). It is kind of funny though how absolutely every issue my friends, family and coworkers currently have is one that they believe Obama has direct power to change.

No comments: