Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blah-Blah-Blahg: Food For Nought

Dear Santa,


All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth - in gold - and I shall call them Bling 1 and Bling 2


Oh and a couple of other things I wish I had include (but are not limited to):

*Hydraulics on my ride
*Mangos de manila in season in December
*A Cartier watch - specifically the Louis Cartier Tank Americain with a leather band
*A cheese cave
*An archery range in my backyard, which should also have plenty of space for a fresh herb garden and perhaps some night shades (which sounds so much cooler than just saying tomatoes, eggplants, and bell peppers)
*Shower heads on both sides of my shower, so one side of my body never gets cold and so I can comfortably take two-person showers
*An audition to be a back-up dancer in Beyoncé's next dance video
*A "manny", a male nanny, who does floors, windows, and toilets and will whisper encouraging things to me (with a heavy accent, of course) and occasionally pat me on the head
*An all-expense paid trip to Croatia
*Better wages for teachers and mandatory toilet cleaning and other miserable forms of janitorial work for all the schmucks who are currently running things within LAUSD




*A set of Petanque boules, along with an older French trainer with a loyalty to anger who can help me hone my skills and mutter indiscernable expletives








Thanks for hearing me out (not necessarily hearing, but reading),


Cristina
(but you probably already know who this is since you seem to know every person's address and what's on their respective lists)

P.S. I will bake you a fine assortment of cookies if you should choose to humor me by granting any one of these requests



If you are not Santa and you are reading this, please post your own wish list as a comment! If we write, he will listen (or read, I guess).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Santa,

Here is my wish list:

1. A Scooter - specifically a Honda Elite 80 in Gold.
2. A supportive and nourishing work environment. Does it even exist?
3. Gray water systems for all homes in America.
4. Free tuition for the graduate school of my choice.
5. More sleep.
6. Weekly visits to the Korean spa where the kindest of all ladies will slough off my dead skin and sing to me while pouring milk and honey all over my body.

Thank you for your consideration.
Warm Regards,
Meagan

EVERYONE said...

I should have included a scooter (or even better, a vintage Indian motorcycle) or trips to the Korean spa. Unfortunately, I think that more sleep would be too much to ask from Santa - I'll have to take that one up with a higher power. Can I retroactively add stuff? Will Santa think I'm greedy? Your list seems far more selfless than mine.