Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blah-Blah-Blahg: Food For Nought

So food prices are soaring even though we (the US of A-holes) are producing more corn than ever. The catch is that we are using much of this corn to produce ethanol - fuel which does not really free us from oil dependence on countries which still practice female mutilation and other pleasantries. Nor does this ethanol substantially lower our carbon footprint. So staples like wheat and other grains are at an all time high.

I don't wish to make light of the food riots or the terrifying fact that our water and food supply are dwindling, but I have become shamefully obsessed with a new game which I enjoy playing on my expensive laptop in my first world bed with a full stomach. It's painfully addictive - so be sure to have snacks at hand as you entertain the ridiculous idea that your mindless computer-clicking could possibly be philanthropic.

Check out the fun at www.freerice.com

No comments: